Winterthur in Wilmington, Delaware
USINFO | 2013-12-18 16:00

Built in 1839 by Jacques and Evelina Bidermann (of the du Pont family), this house was doubled in size during the 1920's after it was inherited by Henry Francis do Pont in order to house his art collection. The collection, which included more than 60,000 objects and furnishings, dates from between 1640 and 1860. The collection is now so valuable that there are 26 employees at the estate who are certified as firefighters.
美闻网---美国生活资讯门户
©2012-2014 Bywoon | Bywoon